Wander 10: Together

When I began this project I envisioned people sharing tails of their wanders in the comments, or even by Post with a friend—our stories intertwining and revealing synchronicities from afar, the way sharing in a group often leads us out of our assumed isolation.

Our online meetings provide this glimpse of the greater web, of the way our wandering the Earth connects, spinning these threads in each time zone coast to coast. 


I thank you for the emails that occasionally land in my inbox that let me know you are there, reading, and some thread that connects us is being pulled at gently, like a child pulling on our pant leg. It is important to know in this time that we are connected, that lives intertwine with others and impact beyond what we consciously know.



This brings me to my invitation for this Full Moon on this 1st day of September. I often lean to wandering as a solo (at least human solo) activity, but it has been becoming quite clear to me how the ritual of being with the Other in nature is in fact a way to be with the Mystery in my intimate human relationships as well. Those I wish to deepen into. It is very vulnerable and courageous to speak words of prayer, gratitude, worship, vow aloud to Meadow, Creek, Trout, Mountain, Oak, Moth. It is quite another thing to also be witnessed in this by human community, human Beloved, to speak the words to or with or in front of them in some way. I have done this a few important times over the years. And each time it has been impeccable. I have many opportunities to practice this with Robin in little ways each day, immersed in the natural worth, tending to a being who is so completely present, who teaches me to view the world from my Source place more and more.


The thing about wanders, ceremony, ritual, life (like you already know) is they keep working us. There are big questions I have asked of the Universe in big ways whose answers are slowly unfolded through living each day in curiosity, trickling in slowly, and all at once. Andy and I asked in a Big way if a place where we could be in reciprocity, where we could commit to partnership could be revealed to us. Slowly, indirectly, it is unfolding, step by step. In our partnership we are called to enact another Big Ask, another ritual to honor griefs and resentments, hopelessnesses we must turn over to birth something new. So that will be our ritual for this lunar cycle.


Who can you call to a wander? A partner, a friend, a child? Some more “woo woo” or less woo woo than you. 2020 has left none of us unchanged and she/he are not done with us yet. What ceremony might you create with a friend witnessed by the plant beings? Or simply sharing one of these previous wanders together? But perhaps there is another soul you could be very brave with—to grieve what needs grieving, to dance what needs dancing, heal what needs healing, drum what needs drumming. Sing what needs speaking, laugh what needs lightness, hum what needs soothing, thank what needs honoring, ask for what needs asking, love what needs loving. Together. We can not turn these ships alone.

Comments

Popular Posts